Sunday, September 13, 2009

2 weeks

Tomorrow starts my official last two weeks of work as a nurse in Washington. I don't know if I've ever had more conflicting feelings in my heart than I do now.

I love my job. And by love I mean LOVE! In the almost 2 years that I have been there I have not once woke up and dreaded going to work. Sure I've wanted to stay in bed a few times, but I truely love my job. I have really met some wonderful people. If it weren't for my two Mary's, I would have never gotten the hang of life in the OR. I have created my own hodgepodge of a family out here and I will miss them for a long, long time.

But the happy part of my heart, oh how happy it is! My real family!! With all of the sweet children that are growing before my eyes in pictures. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to being in their lives. I am more excited about soccer games or school plays than I am Thanksgiving and Christmas. And don't get me started on all of the food I've been missing!!!
So heart, I'm sorry you're sad and happy you're happy. Don't give out on me for a long time because I see a lot more happy to come!

4 comments:

1literatimommy said...

I know you're conflicted about the move, but we are SOOOO ready to see you again, to give you a hug over a margarita at uncle julios, and i am praying that you will love Baylor Grapevine just as much. They are lucky to have you!!1 :)

bettysue said...

Hey, I found you on blogspot!! Yea! Enjoy tomorrow, do something "Washingtonian"

Sidney said...

mmmmm Uncle Julios!! We'll have to meet for happy hour somedays! lol

debrabain@sbcglobal.net said...

Sid, I'm sorry you are kind of sad - but we need you here!!! We need your sweet voice, and fairness of everything. Tell 'em bye and come HOME!!!