Monday, May 4, 2009

Worth the wait......and weight

So as you've all come to realize, food in the pacific northwest is HORRIBLE.. Maybe not so much horrible as not what i'm use to. Last monday they finally opened a Sonic in a town about an hour away from where I live. Now Sonic is not by any means my favorite restaurant, but I LOVE their cherry limeaides and you can't get them anywhere around here. yesterday Matt and I were about 30 miles away and decided to find it. We did and you wouldn't have believed your eyes. Traffic was being directed around a couple of buildings into a lot that had lanes of traffic fenced off. We waited in our car for 2 yes TWO hours to order. And oh my was it ever worth it. This is what I ordered (Matt ate some)
Route 44 Cherry Lime (with extra ice bc nowhere up here has good ice)
Route 44 Ocean Water
Regular order of tator tots
Regular order of tator tots with cheese
Regular order of onion rings
Sonic Cheeseburger X2
Chocolate Milkshake
I forgot to order cheddar peppers and was kind of sad.
I remember in college I could get a large cherry lime for $1.50. Here $1.50 would get you a small coke.. Crazy...
Can you imagine being the owner of that sonic?? They said the day they opened people were waiting 4 hours. I think this man found a money tree in the shape of a drive through restaurant.
After we got home, we crashed on the couch. We both felt like we'd been at a concert or something all day. I think this means we're getting old!

3 comments:

bettysue said...

Ha,ha,ha,! You guys don't know the meaning of "old", just you wait!!
I'm so happy you finally got to show off a Sonic to Matt! You're right, they're by no means our favorite, but when they're not even with in our reach, they become that!! I can't believe you didn't get a corn dog! GUAUGH!!! Oh Sid, their vanilla cream diet cokes are fantastic too!!

Nicole B said...

that's really funny! I'm sad you didnt get chedder peppers...they are my new addiction.

1literatimommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.