Sunday, July 12, 2009

Life

Hello world...... Well it's been a long time since I've written anything..
Lets see.. The last time I wrote on here the plan for Matt and I went a little something like this.

October-Matt goes out to sea with his boat and gets to leave it early coming back early December. During that time I'd be working and looking for jobs and a place to live. In Jan Matt would get out of the navy and we'd move to Texas.
A few days ago (on our way home from vacation in fact) Matt gets a phone call from someone in the navy saying basically "Hey Matt we know you've worked hard these last 5 years and you and your family are planning on you leaving in Jan but we don't care... You can either extend your stay in the navy until feb going out to sea from October through mid Jan, or you can go out to sea with a different sub in 2 weeks for 2 1/2 months, come back for 2 weeks and then go out again until Jan.
Can I tell you how disguisted I am with the navy right now??? I mean he was on his vacation.. Couldn't this at least wait until he got back?? So Matt decided to extend :( My heart was sad at first but I don't think it was ready for him to leave in 2 weeks either.
After talking about things, we think it will be best for me to move back to texas when he leaves, that way at least one of us will have a job/place to live and we wouldn't both be looking for work at the same time. I think this is a blessing in disguise.
Now I have to find a job and a place to live. And leave a job that I absolutely love. But Thanksgiving and Christmas with family!!! Yes please!!
I wonder when I should let my work know I'm looking/leaving??
So thats whats going on with us at the moment.. We had a great vacation with Matt's family and are excited about the last few months of summer!
PS, don't write anything on facebook about me leaving yet, I'd rather them find out via person :)

7 comments:

1literatimommy said...

so you'll be coming here in october. i am happy that you'll be here soon! i am sorry that matt had such unattractive choices. i say you give your work at most 3 weeks, more like 2 weeks notice. that is customary, and what mike has done at every job.
let me know if you want a place to stay when you are looking here. we have a game room that's ready for you if you need it! :)

bettysue said...

You're right, it's a blessing in disquise. "I" want you here, SOON, but I also want you to be able to spend as much time with Matt as possible!
Ha,ha,ha, Jodi offered you a place to stay, does she not remember Mona AND now Leo?? Ha,ha,ha,

Sidney said...

Thats so nice of you! But mom is right, I now have not only a hippo, but a horse :) Hopefully I'll be able to find something via the internet and then just have someone check it out to make sure it's liveable! 2 weeks sounds great, I just hope they don't notice the happy glow I get closer to the end of sept!

Nicole B said...

So october for you, and then January for Matt? That's not too too bad...you can make it! And wont it be so much easier to handle him being gone this time if you are home?

Unknown said...

Definitely easier to handle from home. I mean my heart will be so sad, but my stomach will be so full of delicous food! haha

Unknown said...

hmm, that was me, posting froms matt's thing

1literatimommy said...

of course leo and mona can stay with us. really, though, you should talk it over with leo and mona and tell them about jack and molly: they might not want to be annoyed. seriously, though, my offer stands. :) we'd love to have you whenever you might come our way!